Online Certification Application
GAPC Grower Members are eligible to become GAPC Certified Grower Members.
To become and maintain GAPC Certification, a Grower Member must:
- Complete a GAPC Certification Application
- Complete the GAPC Certification Terms and Conditions
- Send their FSA 578 form to GAPC (upload with online application)
- Follow all GAPC Membership and GAPC Certification policies and procedures
- Adopt the GAPC Certification Standards
- Maintain records according to GAPC Certification Standards
- Participate in the GAPC Worker Concern Helpline
- Complete the GAPC Annual Self-assessment
- Attend annual GAPC Training
- Complete third-party GAPC Certification monitoring each year and achieve the minimum passing score for chosen type of Certification (U.S. or International)
GAPC Certification allows a GAPC Grower Member and the GAPC Grower Member’s operation to be certified for three years if no verified concerns or violations of polices or procedures are discovered during those three years. If at any point GAPC is made aware of verified violations a GAPC Grower Member’s certification may be revoked.
During those three years the grower will be continuously monitored for compliance through the following elements:
- Adoption of the Worker Concern Helpline
- Audit in Year One (thorough on-farm visit with worker interviews if applicable)
- Site Visit in Year Two (shorter on-farm visit)
- Desktop Review in Year Three (grower sends in documents for review)
To complete this application online please have the following:
- Number of acres of tobacco
- Number of workers in tobacco
- The Grower ID number, date of birth, and full name of any other GAPC Grower Member who is associated with your farming operation and wishes to be GAPC Certified.
- FSA Form 578 (previous year’s if current year’s is not available). For more information on FSA Form 578: https://www.fsa.usda.gov/Assets/USDA-FSA-Public/usdafiles/FactSheets/2017/acreage_reporting_sept2017.pdf